Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

मशक्कत का नशा. [Exhiliration due to efforts]

"Yea!!!" Another Tuesday US Workday was coming to end at 3.30 AM Wednesday India Time. As Always a very good sign for me...Friday is just nearing (Even rest of the week days starting letters say "When is The Friday")...Another weekend coming on the way means more family fun time along with my Sunday "JD Quota"!!!"

Just when I was packing for the day, my mobile rang displaying a unknown number. I picked up the call and was Glad!!! A very old School Friend named Rajiv was on the line," Hey Ajay, I am in town, Let us meet! I knew that you would be in office, so just checking on you, Want to Meet now."

Seemed like a good proposition, "Better to meet up now then spend time in the day which is pretty much reserved for the family." I asked," So where are you staying." He immediately replied,"Dhanori", just come to "Jagat naka" at Dhanori and I will pick you up from there.

Although I have been living in pune for almost 4 years now, have Never been to this place. Never Mind!!! God Bless technology, I can get to this place by using "Google Maps" software on my mobile. After all I am meeting Rajiv after 5 years or so!!!

So that is where the Journey Started....

As soon as I was in my car at the basement parking, I searched for Way to "Dhanori" from my workplace on my Mobile's google map software. "just 16 mts drive totalling 1o.7 Kms", Cool...Planning and communication was done. "Rajiv, Will reach your place by 4, let us catch up for for about hr or so and I will rush back to my house."

Journey Started, Took a left turn at nagar road junction towards Viman nagar, Took Right towards airport and then some turns towards Visharantwadi Airport road, AND JUST THEN MY MOBILE STARTED BEEPING indicating low battery and SUDDENLY Mobile got Switched off!!! Journey "Pains" Started, Visiting a place at 3-4 AM without having a Mobile Charger in my car, Nobody on the road to tell the directions, How to communicate the same to Dear friend that I am not avoiding him, MY BATTERY JUST SAID "BYE BYE"!!!

"Never Mind", I Said to myself," Where there is a will, there is a way."

So I took couple of rounds on the same road for few kms to check if I can find somebody who can help with the directions to "Dhanori Jagat Naka" (Octrai Post). 'Couldn't find a single human being, It was just DOGS:)

When trying for the third time, I decided that I will cover at least 3 times the distance on the same which I have tried for first two rounds....It Helped!!!

Reached a intersection and found a tea shop opened early in the morning with lot of customers," Bro, Can you help me with the directions to Dhanori Jagat Naka", I asked the tea stall owner. In Spite of being busy with number of customers, he Immediately replied," Sir, Just go straight on this road for about 4-5 Km, You will see a Jagat Naka on the right hand side, Opposite to a new building which is getting constructed." WOW....But it is already 4.10 AM in the morning, How to tell him that I will be there in another 1o mts?

I looked at tea stall owner and said," Bro, I am in fix"...Blah Blah Blah in Ajay's Style, and Added in the end," Can I use your mobile, I will put my SIM card (as I recorded the new number before starting from office) to call up my friend to let him know that I am on the way." It was a "YES"....I immediately took him phone and placed the Sim card, started typing the name to search the number to REALIZE that number is not there in the SIM card, "Oh God! Number was saved in Mobile's Memory instead of SIM Card."

I immediately started for Jagat Naka in hope that I will find my friend," It will be great fun to catch up with him."..Reached there in about 10-15 mts. A small cabin made up of mostly tin/wood called "Jagat Naka".

There was nobody in sight, probably he has gone back to the place where he is staying...I decided to give it a try and wait for some time...Current time was 4.25 AM!!!

4.30 AM...Couple of guys parked their Bike just couple of mtrs...First thing first, I ensured that my Doors are locked, started playing a good song and said to my self, " Cool Down, May be they are just another set of Drunk Souls (I could guess by their walking style)...and just then I heard some noise caused when water is dropped on the floor..He he he...All doubts cleared from the mind. Buddy! They are just taking a leak."

4:35... AM It just struck me that I do have a Laptop with two Broadband data cards as well...Why not switch it on, Log on to my Reliance I-Call account (PC to Phone calls) and give them a call through Internet....But where is the number!!!...never mind, In that little hope, I opened my back and Plugged the data card to laptop and tried connecting to Internet. " The computer you are dialing to is not responding." And that happened to both the data cards, I forgot to re-charge the data cards. then it struck me again that if I would have been able to log in to the Internet, I could have pulled my previous month Mobile bill and I could have looked for his number as He did called me few times last month and I Called him back as well....BUT did not saved his Number!

4.45 AM..Came out of car, Lighted a cigarette and was just looking around, I observed that there are couple of houses with their lights on, "May be Rajiv is still in one of these houses." Honked few times as well as shouted without any responses.

4.55... I decided to call it a quit...May be next time...At least gave number of tries to reach him...With that in mind, I started back for home. There was still that little hope which "Never Say Die"....and But who can help if Luck is not with you today

5-5.15 AM On my way to home, I noticed that a some of the shops are getting opened and just then another hope was suddenly alive!!! "Let me just stop at one of these shops and see if they have a charger.".....HA HA...LUCK finally clicked. One of these grocery shop owner had a charger and he let me use it. Finally switched on my mobile and Called the number I saved on my Phone memory!!!...Tried couple of time but he was not picking up and just then I realized that He did call me in between from another number belonging to his friend....I finally got hold of the person on phone...reached the place where my friend was staying and spent next hr chatting and catching up with him!...After all, It is great fun to meet up and catch up with your OLD friends...The most loveliest part of your memory is the time of your school life, isn't !

"Finally"!!!...It may be seem like another night out story...,"We sometime put in lot of Determination, Diligence and Dedication (3D's) in our efforts while trying to reach our goals, Sometime we still fail to reach/achieve our goals! Further, We just blame the failure to luck and do not pursue further Journey towards our goal...What we eventually fail to realize sometime is that "it is true that 3 D's should be favoured by luck however Luck only comes to those who keep moving on in their journey towards the goal, and do not loose their focus. More you work with 3D's in your efforts, even after few failures, more chances you will have on luck to favor You."

We would have never learned walking if we would have stopped trying after we fell for the first time while we were toddler...after all, Home of Success is also made up of bricks of your Failures!

Do not Stop your efforts...Keep on Trying!!!

Signing off for now in my Style (Thanks to my friend RB for the initial draft of this Shairi/kavita...whatever)....

मेरे दोस्त,

मशक्कत करते रहना बहुत ज़रूरी है,

कामयाबी के लिए...!

मुश्किले तो बहुत मिलेगी इस ज़िंदगी मे,

मगर समझ के हर उस एक मुश्किल को,

बस बदलते रहना मशक्कत की दिशा !!

Copyright © 2010 www.theajaysapra.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Ashok Pandey said...

True example of Dedication, Diligence and Presence of mind. to achieve the goal without looking back to the failures.... thank you for sharing..

Unknown said...

Nice...........