Total Pageviews

Friday, November 5, 2010

Beliram Chicken @ Punjabi Rasoi!!!

After spending ten days eating only vegetarian food due to" Navratras" , I would be killed if I didn't get down to my favorite restaurant and bag some spicy n delicious non vegetarian extravaganza... This was a Good Clue to tackle the Monday Blues!!!
So on Monday, 18th of October, during a regular dinner break around ten, I called on some of my colleagues and headed straight to a restaurant called "PUNJABI RASOI". My Colleagues were humble enough to agree & come with me…, but why they would say no?, after all it's the One of the Best North Indian restaurant in Pune (Specifically in Kharadi Area) and everyone was covetous of having chicken after a long break.

It took us around 10 minutes to reach there and as expected, the place was overcrowded and unfortunately all the tables were occupied... then came a thought in my mind to get out and land on another restaurant to grab a dish of chicken, after all no point waiting for half an hour just to get a table. But getting the taste of "PUNJABI RASOI" from somewhere else was not only difficult but impossible. So I quickly dropped the idea of leaving the restaurant and decided to wait... As I am a regular customer of the "PUNJABI RASOI", I
decided to ask for some extra incentives... "Hey! BHAU , Yaar Jaldi table arrange krwane ka na, regular customer hai na, kuch to faida hona chahiye..[Bro, Arrange a table for us quickly, there should be some concessions/incentives for a regular customer]." The counter guy replied with an innocent smile, and said, "Last table in the third row getting wrapped in around 15 minutes, can't get you faster than that…" FIFTEEN MINUTES!!!, My second let down... and once again a thought came in my mind, "Ajay, it's still not too late to get out and grab dinner somewhere else… But instantly said no, this taste is unmatchable and I need to have it here only… so I once again dropped that thought and decided to wait…

Again I disturbed the counter guy and said, "Fine, at least you can take my order and make it ready while we get a place to sit…" and the guy replied, "Sir You know our rules, we never take order before you are comfortably settled on the table as it would create discrepancies, and We are short of guys as well", with the same old innocent smile…;) AAARGH….! I was irritated to my fullest as I was getting late and in that situation when You have got an empty stomach, words go less to describe the feeling!

Anyway continuing on, the table finally got cleared somewhere around ten forty, and we were quick enough to grab it without bothering about the leftovers to get cleaned… I whistled in typical way to grab the attention of the waiter, and said firmly, " BHAU, come here, take our order, we are already very late…!" He quickly looked at us with a smile indicating that it will take 5 minutes for him to serve us. As promised, he came sharp after five minutes and I was quick enough to make the order without looking at the menu, "one spicy hot "Beliram Chicken" (Thick gravy chicken with loads of butter, named after one of their cook who invented it) and 2 Missi Riti for me..!"...Let others read something from the Menu:) Finally dinner arrived and the dish was as usual at its best, supplemented with the hygiene and cleanliness which is the restaurant's signature…!

Aah! One thing I learnt about the human psychology that day is that how irritated and angry you are, but once you have a full stomach of superb dinner , you feel like you are on the seventh heaven and fell that you ought to pay the tip twice as much as the bill…But these thoughts are just thoughts as at the end of the day, one need to look at its pocket too:)

Well...The story may seem just another day eating out....however got a very good point which we ought to learn..."Value System" or "Core Values"...

"How much the customer (or an individual) is dear to you but to run a company (or your own life), there are some core principles (morals) which you should never compromise... Open/honest Communication, Branding made due to consistancy in Quality and Keeping Promises are some of the very key principles/values one can adopt...Gives us extra strength in dealing with tough times " .....

Relating this thought to the my eat out story, the counter guy could have easily arranged a separate table for me/our group just outside the shop, He could have made those false promises to keep me waiting or the waiter could have easily served me first for some extra tip, but then it wouldn't be the same old "PUNJABI RASOI" I am talking about… So to maintain the quality and costumers at the same time, never compromise on the core values that were laid when the company was first set up (or when u first landed on the planet). That's all for now, will get back soon with another Experience from life, Sighing off in my style…This is for the Cash Counter Guy-Kapil!!!

बदल तो जाऊ मे,
तुझे दी इस थोड़ी सी राहत मे,
और आगे जाने की जल्दी चाहत मे,
और बना भी लू मे थोड़े से पैसे ,
मगर मेरे दोस्त , चाहत है मुझे ,
मेरी सीरत को जिंदा रखने की
तोह बदल मे जाऊ ऐसे कैसे.



Copyright © 2010 www.theajaysapra.blogspot.com

No comments: