Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Well Said Uncle!!!

I know "Desai" Uncle (Name Changed) for almost 3 years now. I was in Delhi on Vacation and my Mobile Rang in middle of afternoon,"Hey Ajay, this is Desai Uncle from flat xxx, your neighbor, how are you doing?” Bit Surprised for a moment (where did you get my number from!!!), I replied "Doing Well Uncle...Great to hear from you, So when are you coming to Pune...Have not seen you since I started residing in the area"...Blaw blaw blaw...The talk went on for about 30 mts and finally uncle announced that he is coming back to the apartment after long time "Will be great to see/meet you"...and this was the beginning for me to start knowing Desai Uncle...Senior Citizen (above 65) but energetic with full of life like any 20s something.

Finally started to have more interaction with Desai uncle While having these family parties, Sutta escapades in my Parking (HOME=NO SMOKING ZONE WITH SEVERE PUNISHMENTS IF CAUGHT), Stair Talks etc...Uncle & Aunty were decent couple with lot of good & bad experiences who still like to live life to their fullest available opportunity.

As it is known "Old age may bring wisdom...but it will definitely bring health issues as you grow in your age"...

Uncle/Aunty Gradually become sort of extended family for us with those daily interactions and that is where I "thought" problem started...uncle very often started sharing & talking about health issues. Relating my little experiences of life…My instant take of the situation was that Uncle’s brain is probably over-occupied with these thoughts as it happens when you think you are almost done and there is no more of passion left in you do something new or whatever you like.

While Interacting with uncle during one of the recent family party, I told uncle 'Stage of life you are into; Retired with probably more leisure time (in other words-nothing much to do), You are bound to think about the issues which you currently have in hand...Try not thinking about this and do something which will keep you engaged. Probably one of the things you should do is to share what you did while you were working or share what you learned in life to help us gain some wisdom". I was blunt & quick...Probably wanted to quickly done away with emptying thoughts which I had in mind. Uncle was calm as always and while taking this further, He made me aware (I learned for the first time) that Uncle keeps himself really engaged by doing some social work & Teaching.

The very next day, While coming back from weekend sabzi shopping, I saw uncle standing near his apartment door, holding a big piece of paper. He instantly handed over the paper to me and told me to have a look on the same. To my amazement, Uncle did a research on his knee problem and wanted me to have a look at the paper containing the research article. Just like one of those “embarrassing” situations where you do not know how to react and In a confused state of mind due to this unexpected action on uncle’s part, I started thinking of various possibilities ..."I must have said something wrong in the party and uncle is hurt" or "Uncle is just mad at me and want to show me the details of the health issues he has" or " Uncle want to prove that he was really in a bad state" or " I should not have reacted in the way I had..Uncle is quite experienced"

Knock Knock (Like somebody interrupts you while you are in deep thoughts)!!! Uncle started "Ajay, I thought of what you said and decided that I will start my first lesson from this piece of paper. You were right...Don't take me wrong by looking at this Paper as a defense for what I go through and sometime talk about...This is for you to read and understand that the soda you mix with UR drink maybe/is harmful to your health. More you grow old (and still keeping the same intake of SODA in my Jack Daniel); Your Bones will become weak or brittle as SODA may affect your bone strength. This is the first lesson/Gyan I wanted to start with which I learned from my own life. It will ensure that you do not go through the situation which I am into.”

Well Said Uncle!!!.. :-)

To end this...
“Na Samjh tu muzhae Gadha O mere yaar, Maana ki gajab kae sabak tune is zindeegi mae liye hai, Aur Usi zindagi par bhashan tune muzhae diya hai,
Magar O mere yaar maine bhee toh ghaat ghaat ka pani piya hai, Aise hi maine apne baal safed thodi kiya hai, Tu Chotta hi sahi..Maine tera sabak liya hai aur saath mae tuzhae bhi diya hai”…:)

Copyright © 2010 www.theajaysapra.blogspot.com

2 comments: